WARNING: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BREAKING DAWN YET AND WANT TO BE SURPRISED, DON'T READ THIS POST UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE READ IT.
Where should I start? How about the beginning. I liked how it jumped right into the wedding. Then the honeymoon. Wouldn't we all have loved a honeymoon like that? In a house on our own private island, with doors that open up to the beach, staying as long as we want. The getting pregnant thing I could probably live without. Speaking of the pregnant thing, who knew a vampire could get a human pregnant. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Interesting twist, very weird, but at the same time entertaining. I guess it made a good way for Bella to almost die so that Edward could justify changing her. And then....Jacob imprinting on Renesmee (could she have thought of a worse name? I don't think so!) that was just sick and wrong. The book really could have just ended there for me. The rest was so boring, it was almost torturous for me to read the rest. I know the whole thing with the Volturi's was probably a good story, but did it really need to take half the book? Honestly, I skipped over the last 1/4 of the book to the last 2 chapters because I couldn't take it. Now, I heard that someone dies in the last part of the book. Since I skipped over most of it because of boredom, I'm not sure who it was. Can anyone tell me who it was? I just can't bring myself to go back and find out. I'm really curious what everyones opinion is. Am I the only one who was very disappointed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Andy - I wouldn't say that I didn't like it, I just thought that some of the content was questionable (it was far more graphic than the other novels). I agree with you that the name Renesmee is weird. The person who died was Irina - the vampire that turned them into the Volturi. I think that the book ended the way I thought (or wanted) it too. I just think that the few weird twists could have been left out. The book kind of had an open ending. Do you think that will have more?? Anyways, we will have to talk about the book next time we get together. Have you read the Host??
Mindy
I agree about the last 200 pages of the book...boring!! Too many freakin vampires to keep track of! I skipped the last part too cause I didn't really care about the Voltura. Anyway, I love how Jacob ends up hanging out with the vampire family every day now. He was funny in this book too! I hated Rosalie in this book. She really bugged me how she was taking over everything with the baby! Anyway, I thought it ended good. It leaves you hanging though with Jacob and the baby's life. New series?
Hi Andy!
I never could get into any of the books! I read the first one and liked it, but started the 2nd and couldn't get into that. So I didn't waste my times it sounds like for the 3rd one! Some people are just going crazy over it! Anyway, Bret's post was funny!
Love ya guys
ditto!
Post a Comment