Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bret's Dream Comes True

If Bret died tomorrow I think he could die happy and say he has done everything he has wanted to do in life. He's been to Yankee Stadium, Hawaii, Disneyworld, an NBA championship game, and now he has golfed Torrey Pines.
We met Bret's parents in San Diego for a little get a way and some golf. Of course I passed on the golf but had a great time walking Torrey Pines with him. It was beautiful!! Right on the ocean. When he was trying to get tee times before our trip, Torrey Pines didn't have any available. We decided to go see it anyway. When we got there we found out they have twilight rates that are first come first serve so he got lucky. And I was happy because it was much cheaper than their regular rate.

I'm also happy because Bret said after golfing Torrey Pines that he would be fine if he didn't golf again for the rest of the year. Should I hold him to it? I really don't mind the golf. I'm glad he has something he enjoys after working so hard. Now that I'm thinking about it, he can't die tomorrow. He hasn't been to a World Series or Super Bowl yet......and I don't know what I'd do without him.


2 comments:

jaci said...

That is so great! What a dream come true for him. maybe not for you, but you are a sport for going along! You crack me up!

Shalean said...

I'm jealous you took a trip to Cali!! Golf on the beach sounds like a blast (if I could play)!! You guys always seem to be having fun:)